Pointools Edit is the point cloud processing software for selecting, editing, & segmenting the largest point cloud models for reuse in downstream applications.
Pointools EditTM is the point cloud processing software for selecting, editing, & segmenting the largest point cloud models for reuse in downstream applications.
As a flagship product, Pointools is the essential software companion for any Pointools’ enabled application. Use Pointools Edit to very quickly select and recolour individual points, segment whole point cloud models, improve point cloud quality, and optimise point cloud performance for reuse inside compatible Bentley, Autodesk, Rhino, and SketchUp applications.
3D Model Aggregation
• View point clouds, 3D models, & 2D drawings together
Large Point Cloud Support
• Handles large datasets with billions of points
• Manage scene parameters interactively
• Load and unload POD models fast
High Performance Graphics
• Multi-threaded for high-performance display
• Uses high-density, low decimation Vortex display engine
• Stream point cloud model display in real time
• Control point cloud density with interactive slider
• Store points in POD models for broad reuse
• Create POD models from large range of scanners incl: Faro, TopCon, Leica, Optech, Riegl, Trimble, Z+F
• Supported scan data formats include: Ascii XYZ/TXT, FLS/FWS, LAS, PTX/PTS/PTZ/PTG, IXF, 3DD/RSP/RXP/RDP, CL3, Terrascan BIN, Kubit PTC
• Integration with 2007 - 2012 Autodesk apps incl: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Architecture, Map 3D, Land Desktop
• Integration with broad portfolio of Bentley apps incl: MicroStation, OpenPlant, InRoads, RailTrack, GEOPAK, Bentley Map, Navigator
• Integration with Rhino + Google SketchUp
• Create multiple sections through point cloud models
• Edit section cut plane and depth dynamically
• Align drawing plane with section cut plane
• Move section cut plane along a curve
• Filter point cloud model view by region
• Shade points by intensity and RGB colour
• Shade points by defining distances from plane
• Blend all shading settings for maximum impact
Literature to help you make informed decisions.
Help and support when you need it.